Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Where does the time go........

I certainly envy all you well disciplined bloggers out there for keeping up with your blogging. I have great intentions but time just never seems to be on my side.
It has been a month or more since arriving home from our wonderful holiday and it seems to be taking me forever to get back into the swing of things. 

Since losing my darling Mother in February there have been lots of tasks I have had to attend to with my Dad moving in with us and deciding what to do with his house etc. That has now been settled with my middle daughter and her husband and daughter moving in I can now rest peacefully knowing that the house will be okay. Cleaning the house out after 60 years of accumulating anything and everything has been a challenge in itself. My Dad has settled well into our home he will turn 91 this month. 

I have had a little time to do some sewing. I have wanted to make new cushions for our family room lounge for quite some time and have now achieved that goal and am very happy with the finished cushions. I really enjoyed making them. I managed to make 6 for the lounge.

    



From cutting up lots of 2 inch strips


I have made 2 beautiful cushion covers for the formal lounge. I still have to purchase an 18 inch cushion insert for one of the covers. I loved how these ones turned out.


My dresden table centre has also been finished and put to good use. At least a few things have been crossed of my to do list over the past few weeks.


Until next time

HUGS.  Roz.




1 comment:

Jo said...

Beautiful cushions with lots of designs. Well done