Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Some new projects

I have been working on some new projects these past few weeks even though I know deep down I should be finishing of the WIP I have in various boxes. Oh well what will another few weeks matter.
I made these really cute owls from a pattern I purchased on etsy from www.daisyquilts.etsy.com They are just so easy to make took me no time at all. These applique blocks are part of a 5 block quilt I have been working on since March. I am not a great fan of applique to do myself I find it a bit slow. Originally I was only going to do the 3 blocks shown in the photo but have decided to do the last 2 blocks. This needs to be finished before next years Quilt Camp.
Can't show this project just a sneak peek as I am making this for my eldest daughter Danielle. I hope she will like the finished article.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the owls eyes...are they buttons?
The colour of that blue is so pretty, can't wait to see the end result

Teresa said...

Love the owls Roz, they are really cute.. I have this pattern also, now just need some spare time... The applique blocks are lovely too, well done xx

Unknown said...

love your owls. I am your Stitchers Angel. You can give me clues of what you like useing your blog.