Monday, July 13, 2009

A good week

This week I have been working on another project that has been hanging on my design wall for a few weeks now. I only have to put the top and bottom borders on and it is ready for putting together for quilting. I am going to quilt this one myself. Today I have made these little gifts, a pencil roll and colouring in book tote bag for a special little girls 7th birthday. Happy birthday Monique. These gifts will be travelling down to Victoria on Thursday with Kaitlyn & Sheree.
Now for something special. The "Paper Bag" swap. I have had this parcel sitting next to my sewing machine for almost 2 weeks and have been so tempted many times to open, but have been very good and only opened it today.

Inside the parcel was the cutest handmade wallhanging as you can see below. I am just blown away the stitching is so perfect... how did she know I love bears as well

Also included was a beautiful needle case complete with some needles and a panel of little quilt tags all with little bears.

A lovely letter from Teresa accompanied all these goodies. Thank you Teresa. You have totally spoilt me. I just love everything and will now have to find the right place to hang the wallhanging. This has been a really great swap thanks to Maree of "On my Verandah".









1 comment:

Teresa said...

Thank you SO much for my beautiful presents!!! I absolutely love all my goodies...you have done such beautiful work and I can't believe how lucky I am to have had you as my partner. I am so glad also that you like your presents..Thanks for such a great swap, Teresa xx