Thursday, February 26, 2009

February

Another month has almost past and for some it has been a very sad and emotional time. I think enough has been said with regards to the devastating bush fires in Victoria and floods in Queensland so many people affected it is sometimes hard to comprehend.
This week I have made 2 quilts to send for the bush fire relief. the first a quick raggy quilt and the second one strippy. I am sure they will be put to good use.


Also this month I made a library bag for my GD Kaitlyn. She cannot bring books home from school without a library bag so she ordered one in blues, and she loves it.


Some of my WIP's are finished as well. I had started this table runner just before Christmas and have now quilted and bound it ready for next Christmas.

This jelly roll quilt returned from the quilters early in December. I am so thrilled with the quilting Sue Blom has done, certainly made the quilt look not so bland. I finished the binding last week so another one out of the box. LOL.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your strippy quilt colours...nice effect.
You must tell me what jelly roll you used in your quilt as the colours are very pretty.
Can't waith to see what you have to show us in March

Roseanne said...

well you have been very busy with your sewing. I love your GD bag and the quilts are very nice. You go Girl!!!!

miss~nance said...

Hi Ros

Stumbled across your blog through a friend of a freinds blog. Have really missed you onthe fourm. Lou and I often talk about you and the day we had together.

Loving your quilts and the bag is very nice.


Gail