Friday, March 14, 2008

More Sewing

Again I have been making padfolios for gifts, they are so much fun to make and those that have received one from me just love them they make a very useful gift. The "Shabby Chic" one I have made for my daughter Danielle as she has made me some beautiful jewellery which I just love. Certainly is a great way to use up some of my stash.


I have mentioned before that I do an Arty type class once a month with my friends Barbara and Kerry. Recently we had another trip to Bowral for a class where we were shown how to embroider on our painted paper bag which once scrunched up over and over again, feels very much like a piece of fabric. I call my piece of embroidery "Pattisons Curse at Texas" I had taken a photo on our recent trip so used this as my inspiration. The other piece is called "Passion Pods" I constructed this from a piece of fabric that I had painted, actually started out as toadstools but turned into pods. I machine and hand stitched adding beads and the leaves. This is really not something that I can really get into but have had fun with the classses.

Unfortunatly my photo has turned out a little blurry


A close up of the stitching if you look sideways with head to the left you can just make out the original toadstools.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Love my Shabby Chic padfolio, looks lovely on my desk and very handy.
Love you
Danielle
x